The Day I Gave Blogging A Try



Curious, hesitant and unsure, those were the feelings I felt when I thought of starting my own blog. I’m a mother at the age of 18, your typical kind of mother who’s willing to look for different ways to earn money to sustain the needs of a family. I’m working at an IT office. Yes, my income is just enough to provide the necessities of my family but for a business-minded woman like me, I won't settle for "just-enough". I’ll still keep on researching for ways where I can have an extra income using my own abilities and skills (on the internet). Until one day, I came through this blog and found out about “Power of Blogging” on how blogging can help you reach your goal in life. Of course, it is not applicable for those people who are not into these kinds of fields. I’m the kind of person who loves computers and internet. Searching the web is what fascinates me so I think I could give it a try. I have heard of many people making a living from this kind of online opportunity. When I read the content regarding blogging, I asked myself: “Is making money online really possible through this?” and “How’s that possible?” That’s when I develop my curiosity over creating a blog.

Though I haven’t finished college yet (but I’m willing to and eager to after I reach my financial stability goal), and not that proficient in the English language, I still wanted to give blogging a try on my spare time. Since I love writing, I think it would make me improve my English writing skills as an 18 year old aspiring blogger. Plus, I'm pretty sure that it is one of the most productive ways to spend my spare-time.

To start everything off, what I did was I created a Google account. I also made a blogger account wherein I’ll post the contents that I’ll be making and this one is my very first content. Maybe if I reached the number of posts required to set up “Google Adsense”, that’s when I’ll start generating income on it. I searched for free blogger themes so I can customize it. I only have a basic knowledge on HTML that’s why it’s not easy for me to make my own layouts. That’s one of my imperatives whenever I get the chance to pursue my college again. I think I’ll be studying more about content writing, graphic design, website building and development. As of now, I’m only relying on the information posted on the internet on my journey to creating my own blog. So in this blog, expect a burst of thoughts, opinions and views because I will be posting more about style, beauty, life events, reviews and everything that will mesmerize me.

I would never waste time doing things that I know will not benefit me. For some, it’s hard. But I know that if you love what you do, then you'll succeed in it. That’s why you should blog about your expertise and interests. It's somehow hard but I believe that if you set up a goal for yourself, you'll succeed in the things that you've wanted to do. I just hope that my blogging journey will succeed. I’m open for criticisms and opinions but as much as possible, I’m hoping for a nice atmosphere here in my journey to blogging. So, welcome to myself!

With love,
Bea

0 comments:

Post a Comment